If you’re new to marketing, one of the first things you need to get your head around is the...
What is B2B Marketing Analytics and how do you get started?
The key to successful B2B marketing is analysing data and identifying trends, patterns and opportunities that can help guide decision-making for future marketing campaigns.
There are many types of B2B marketing analytics out there that you should be monitoring. Handily, there are also many solutions that can help you by collating the metrics for you, one of which is B2B Marketing Analytics. Read on to learn about what is B2B marketing analytics in general and about the tool B2B Marketing Analytics to decide whether it's right for you.
What are the B2B marketing analytics you need to measure?
When it comes to measuring the effectiveness of your B2B content marketing, you need to make sure you’re tracking some essential metrics such as:
- organic website traffic
- referral sources
- organic keywords
- client acquisition cost
- revenue per client
- location, demographics and job status
- engagement as clicks
- marketing lead metrics vs sales lead metrics vs sales qualified leads
What is the purpose of marketing analytics?
The purpose of marketing analytics is to gather, measure and analyse data related to marketing activities. The goal is to optimise and improve the marketing strategies and tactics that B2B marketers use.
Some of the benefits of B2B marketing analytics include:
Improved ROI: By measuring the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, marketers can make more informed decisions about where to allocate resources to achieve the best return on investment.
Better targeting: By understanding customer behaviour and preferences, marketers can create more targeted and personalised campaigns that resonate with their audience.
Greater customer engagement: By analysing data on customer behaviour, marketers can identify areas where they can improve the customer experience and create more engaging content.
Smarter decision-making: By having access to accurate and timely data, marketers can make more informed decisions about marketing strategies and tactics, reducing the risk of costly mistakes.
Overall, marketing analytics is a critical tool for any company looking to optimise its marketing efforts and achieve better results.
What makes successful B2B marketing campaigns?
Some of the ways to make a successful B2B marketing campaign include:
1. Clear, concise messaging: Make sure your message is clear and concise. Focus on the key benefits of your product or service and how it can help your customers.
2. Targeted audience: Target your audience with segmented marketing campaigns that are tailored to their needs and interests.
3. Engaging content: Create content that is engaging and informative. This could include blog posts, videos, webinars, case studies and infographics.
4. Lead generation: Develop lead generation tactics that capture the attention of your target audience.
5. Data-driven insights: Use data and analytics to gain insights into customer behaviour and preferences. Use this information to develop more effective campaigns.
6. Social media: Leverage social media channels to reach a wider audience and build relationships with potential customers.
7. Measurement and optimisation: Track the performance of your campaigns and optimise them for better results.
With that in mind, how could a tool like B2B Marketing Analytics help?
What is B2B Marketing Analytics?
B2B Marketing Analytics is a powerful tool by Salesforce for business-to-business (B2B) marketers who use this CRM platform. It helps companies better understand their customers and how to communicate with them more effectively.
B2B Marketing Analytics is an app that’s designed specifically for B2B marketers who want the power of predictive insights at their fingertips – allowing them to gain unique data insights into the performance of their inbound and outbound marketing strategies and develop more effective strategies in the future on the basis of evidence-based, data-driven decision-making.
It’s an out-of-the-box app which makes it easy for B2B marketers to extract, record and analyse data. The app helps B2B marketers optimise their marketing strategy and provides them with the intelligence to make the right decisions in order to maximise ROI from marketing spend.
What are the features of the B2B Marketing Analytics app?
The B2B Marketing Analytics app provides various features which help marketers with their everyday tasks. These features include:
- Customisable dashboards that you can use to view various metrics and collate reports on these metrics
- Ability to analyse what content has been most successful with customers
- Insight into competitors via keyword tracking
- Ability to instantly share insights with the rest of your marketing team
- Insights and recommendations led by the software’s AI
- Ability to analyse your data in seconds, meaning less time is spent on gathering insights that can be hard to track trends in manually
- Ability to use data-driven decision-making, helping you optimise your marketing strategy and reach the right audience
- Functionality to manage multiple campaigns on the go using the B2B Marketing Analytics mobile app.
The B2B Marketing Analytics app by Salesforce-Pardot is flexible, smart, and connects with third-party data, resulting in a marketing tool that can house all of your most vital marketing data in one single, convenient dashboard.
What are the three main components of B2B Marketing Analytics?
The B2B Marketing Analytics app is comprised of three distinct components which work simultaneously but separately to make sense of data in various ways in order to help marketers to make the most of their metrics. These components are:
1. Datasets: This is the data that your B2B Marketing App works with at its most basic. This is the source data that your app will work with, and you can explore it and use it for your own insights. Currently available datasets include Pardot Campaigns, Pardot Emails, Pardot Forms, and many more.
2. Lenses: These are the next step up. Lenses provide a relatively simple layer of insight into the data provided by any given dataset. Lenses can be used to track broad patterns and trends across single datasets. The app packs in four standard lenses which include Pipeline Deals and Campaigns.
3. Dashboards: Dashboards are the culmination of the app’s hard work. Developed using lenses, dashboards include metrics, charts, and tables that present the data in a more uniform and insightful fashion, encompassing multiple lenses and datasets at once. The app’s main dashboards include Pipeline Dashboard, Engagement Dashboard, and Marketing Manager.
In this way, data is structured in a clear and easy-to-use framework within the B2B Marketing App. While marketers will no doubt spend most of their time in dashboards, the other components of the app are no less important.
What is the goal of B2B Marketing Analytics?
The purpose of Salesforce's B2B Marketing Analytics is to streamline and simplify the work of gathering and structuring marketing data, freeing up more time for B2B marketers to spend on gathering insights and decision-making.
Using B2B Marketing Analytics, marketers will be able to quickly and accurately judge the strengths and weaknesses of their current marketing campaigns, comparing them against pre-set KPIs and best practice recommendations included within the app.
From here, it’s easy to make effective decisions on how to adapt and create campaigns that retain the strengths of your current campaign while doing away with the mistakes. B2B Marketing Analytics will even use its AI-powered analytics to make suggestions for changes based on the data you’ve fed into the app.
How to get started with B2B Marketing Analytics
As a Salesforce-Pardot app, before implementing the B2B Marketing Analytics app users will need to be signed up with a Pardot Plus account or higher, which should be integrated with a Salesforce Enterprise Account or higher. Users can then download the B2B Marketing Analytics app, which offers a free trial as well as multiple subscription plans with varying levels of features.
Once you’ve signed up, set your marketing goals or target KPIs by entering them into the appropriate sections in your profile, then simply start gathering data. The app will automatically monitor your campaigns as well as give you specific recommendations based on your KPIs.
Marketers will then be able to use the app’s features, including the analytics dashboard that presents all campaign data in one place for easy viewing and comparison. All of this information is provided inside the B2B Marketing Analytics app for free, with premium subscriptions offering additional benefits such as access to statistics from Facebook Ads or Google AdWords.
You can read more about setting up the B2B Marketing Analytics app in The B2B Marketing Analytics Implementation Guide.
Is B2B Marketing Analytics right for you?
The B2B Marketing Analytics app is an innovative marketing app that can be used to organise and analyse marketing data, informing marketing campaigns with data-driven insights and maximising ROI. However, its suitability all depends on the amount of budget and marketing staff you have available and how much data you have to compile. If you are just starting out, this probably isn’t the most economical solution for you.
Modern marketing is all about data, so it’s no surprise that B2B Marketing Analytics is proving popular with forward-thinking marketers around the world. That said, it's possible to conduct perfectly good marketing analysis using tools like Google Analytics, Google Search Console and Semrush, alongside your existing CRM's data.
✏️If you're looking to create high-converting B2B copywriting, get in touch with us at Copify today.
Header image: Luke Chesser
Embedded images: Adeolu Eletu, Myriam Jessier, Austin Distel