Steps of planning content marketing campaigns:
– Understand objectives, benchmark, review existing content and landscape.
– Understand audience and their personality and specific likes/dislikes. What are their purchasing habits, skills, pain points etc.
– Identify gaps – what content do you already have, what is required?
– Try and get inside customers needs and give them something that they want and need.
– Outline standards and consistency in style, meta data, keywords, call to action etc.
– Build and army of contributors
– Identify a workflow – who will produce/own/promote content.
– Repurpose content – reuse and recycle wherever possible.
– Build content.
– Make content easy to share.
– Do something different.