– What are people searching for on your site and on Google? Create content around these keywords and themes.
– For around £1000 you can buy all of the kit you need to produce video content.
– No chequered shirts!
– Focus lighting to ensure you get a really good picture.
– Once you have your raw content – add a vignette and adjust brightness and contrast.
– Good sound is more important than a good picture.
– Get a designer to build your animation assets.
– You can outsource video production but you can’t outsource giving a sh*t!
– Create transcriptions and put them in the HTML! Speechpad is a great site for this $1/minute.
– Use YouTube keyword tool for ideation.
– Measure user engagement, not views. Mark videos with low engagement as unlisted.
– Ensure you force engagement within the first 5 seconds.
– Don’t expect that YouTube will drive traffic to your site – ave CTR – 0.7%
– Wistia is great for hosting a video on your own site – when someone links to your site, you get the link equity.
– Unruly media can help you to make video content go viral.
– Interview your customers in a video to produce egobait.
– Custom YouTube playlists can help you to create links via curation if you don’t have time/budget to produce your own content.